CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DELIVERIES
Gifting Kosher will not process any claim for loss of or damage for any delivery unless notice thereof setting out the particulars of the origin, destination, parcel identification number (PIN), date of delivery and the estimated amount claimed in respect of such loss or damage is given to Gifting Kosher in writing (by email to email@example.com) within the time limits set out below, failing which Gifting Kosher will have no liability in respect of the delivery.
Gifting Koshermay also require supporting documentation in order to assess a claim. Such documentation may include pictures of the damages, estimates for repair, or other records. Failure to submit the necessary supporting documentation (in Gifting Kosher sole discretion) may result in the claim being denied.
The right to damages of any kind against Gifting Kosher will be extinguished unless Gifting Kosher is contacted within 5 calendar days of the damage package being received or 10 days from the date on which the delivery should have been delivered, or from the date on which delivery stopped.
Excluding refund requests made in respect of Gifting Kosher service guarantees, all claims must be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documentation.
Gifting Kosherretains the right to inspect any delivery that is the subject of a damage claim. If, at the time the damage claim is submitted, Gifting Kosher requests that the customer retain the delivery and packaging for inspection, the Customer shall retain the delivery and packaging for inspection by Gifting Kosher for a period of 10 days. Failure to retain the delivery and packaging for inspection may result in the claim being denied.
REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE:
- For fruit, strawberries and chocolate-dipped strawberries and other perishable items shipped outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) as these items are perishable and we do not recommend shipping them outside of the GTA.
- For delivery charges, or for any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, misdelivery or failure to perform, caused by events beyond Gifting Kosher control, including, but not limited to, any act, default or omission of the gift sender/customer, gift recipient or any party having an interest in the delivery, defects or inherent vice in the delivery, acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, mechanical delays, car/vehicle accidents, disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, acts of public enemies, public health crises, quarantine, war, strikes or other labour disruptions (of any entity including vendors, suppliers or customers), terrorism, riots or civil commotion, acts of public authorities (including customs or health officials) with actual or apparent authority, customs clearance delays, import/export documentation deficiencies or deliveries requiring extraordinary handling, documentation or routing.
- Where a customer has a "change of mind” after an order has been placed.
- Where personal taste differences occur.
- Where Gifting Kosher has substituted item(s) in a gift basket that are in compliance with our substitution policy (see: our "Substitution Policy").
- For changes to orders submitted less than two days prior to the date the gifts/gift baskets will be processed for delivery. During holiday periods 7 days is required. If you have changes that are needed, and they are outside of this time frame, please call us and we will do our very best to accommodate you; we just cannot guarantee them or provide refunds in such circumstances.
- When gifts/gift baskets are undeliverable. If the intended recipient is not there to receive the package or incomplete or inaccurate address information was provided at the time the order was placed, Gifting Kosher will not be responsible for the loss of the packages or damages.
- When a delivery is stolen. For deliveries in the Greater Toronto Area and suburbs, we will take a picture of the delivery location if no-one is able to receive a gift basket (unless it is dark outside), there is bad weather conditions or the driver's cellphones are in operable. We will provide you the proof of delivery information/signatures/pictures wherever possible
CLUB MEMBERSHIPS - RETURNS, DAMAGES AND CANCELLATIONS
Due to the perishable nature of most of our items, we are unable to accept returns for club memberships under any circumstances.
All claims for damaged, spoiled, or missing shipments must be made within 5 days following your scheduled delivery. Claims may be made by email to email@example.com or by calling us. For claims that are accepted, the Company will replace your damaged, spoiled or missing shipment with a shipment in a future month.
Memberships cannot be cancelled under any circumstances. Also, the Company cannot accept cancellation requests from the purchaser of a membership sent to a third-party recipient.